How often do you feel like baking a cake, cookies or maybe cooking pizza but your apartment does not have an oven? No need to worry! If you have a microwave oven, you will enjoy your favourite meals in no time.
A lot of people ask themselves “Can microwave ovens bake?” Yes, you can bake with a microwave oven as long it is a convection microwave oven, not an ordinary microwave or a microwave with grill. But you need to make sure you use the tableware that is suitable for microwave ovens.
Now let’s dive into this a bit more.
As you now know if you have a convection microwave oven, you can enjoy baking cookies, pies and even pizza every single day. Today we have prepared useful tips for baking in the microwave oven and a couple of our favourite recipes that will make you or your family very happy.
You might also want to check out the article to find out whether microwave ovens are safe or dangerous.
How to Bake in a Convection Microwave
Tips for Baking in the Microwave Ovens
- Proper dishes. You need to choose a tall dish, as cakes in the microwave rise higher than when baked in the oven. Also, you need to fill only half of the dish with the whipped dough.
- Do not sprinkle flour on the baking dish. It is better to put a greaseproof or special non-stick paper on the bottom of the dish.
- Watch the time. Always follow the recipe’s timing to make sure your pizza or cake is ready to eat.
At first, it is difficult to determine whether the food is baked since it can look undercooked. You should bake cakes in a round-shaped dish with a hole in the middle. This will help you to understand whether the cake is ready yet.
- Stir carefully. It is important to mix sweet foods (especially sugar) thoroughly with other ingredients. Sugar lumps can be burned during baking and it will mess up your lunch.
- Choose the right power. Bake fruit products, gingerbread cookies, and loaf-shaped products at lower power — 600 watts it enough.
- Get a couple of toothpicks. Check the readiness of products at the end of the recommended cooking time with a toothpick or a match. The cake should already be dry inside but look undercooked outside.
- No need to hurry. Before removing the cake from the dish, let it cool down for some time (10-15 minutes). If you bake food that has fruit inside, let it cool down for at least half an hour to keep the fruit juicy and tasty.
- Do not cover your cookies, cake, pie or pizza. You do not want to clock microwaves.
Can You Bake a Cake in the Microwave?
You can bake a cake in the microwave as long as you use microwave-friendly utensils. Remember that you should not use metal objects while baking or heating food in the microwave.
How To Bake Cake In Microwave Convection Oven Video Guide
You can bake pretty much every cake that exists now in your microwave oven (as long as it is convection), but I want to share my favourite recipe for a cake baked in a microwave oven.
- Flour – 6 Tbsp.
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 10 Tbsp.
- Oil – 5 Tbsp.
- Sugar – 4 Tbsp.
- Cocoa powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Starch – 2 Tbsp.
- Baking powder – 2 Teaspoons
How to Bake a Cake in the Microwave Oven in 9 Easy Steps?
- Beat eggs with sugar.
- Add flour, starch and baking powder.
- Pour in milk and vegetable oil.
- Thoroughly mix and put half of the dough into a dish that was previously oiled.
- Put in the microwave. At 800 watts, bake a biscuit for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add cocoa, knead into the remaining dough and bake in the same way.
- While the second cake is baking, soak the ready-made biscuit with syrup.
- Add sour cream or jam, or condensed milk (my favourite). Take the second half of the dough and put it on top.
- Decorate with fruit/chocolate/jam and the cake is ready!
How Long Does It Take To Bake a Cake in the Microwave Oven?
On average, it will take you 30-40 minutes to bake a cake in the microwave oven, though the time required to bake a cake will vary a lot depending on your microwave oven’s power. Microwave cooking time also depends on the weight of the product. The more dough there is, the longer it will take to cook. Increase the time in the same proportion as its amount.
Can you Bake a Pizza in a Microwave?
You can easily cook pizza in the microwave. In just a matter of minutes, delicious, hot home-made pizza will be waiting for you on the table.
The filling can be the most varied for your taste: meat, vegetable, and just from what is at hand, the main thing is not to save on cheese.
How Long Does It Take To Bake Pizza in the Microwave Oven?
Of course, time will vary depending on the power of your microwave oven, but the fastest you can bake pizza in the microwave oven is 15 minutes. In 15 minutes a ready pizza can be sprinkled with herbs and served to your table.
How to Bake Pizza in the Microwave Oven?
Microwave Veg Pizza Recipe Video Guide
I like pizza very much and when I do not have much time I bake pizza in my microwave oven and here is my recipe.
Dough for microwave oven pizza
- Dry yeast – 1 teaspoon
- Warm water – 30 millilitres
- Salt – 0.5 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon sugar
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Flour – 150 grams
Stuffing for microwave oven pizza
- Tomato ketchup – 3 tablespoons
- Smoked sausages – 2-3 sausages
- Cheese – 70 grams
- Tomatoes – 1-2 tomatoes
- Olives – 6-8 olives
How to Bake Pizza in the Microwave Oven in 7 Easy Steps?
- Make pizza dough. To do this, mix yeast, water, salt, sugar and vegetable oil.
- Gradually add flour, you may need a little less or more than specified in my recipe. Knead the dough which must become soft.
- Cover the dough and leave for 30 minutes in a warm place. You can also use ready-made yeast dough, this will save time on cooking.
- Add butter onto the dish and sprinkle with flour, roll the dough into a thin layer on it. Pierce the dough with a fork in several places.
- Put any ketchup you like.
- Slice sausages, tomatoes and olives into thin pieces.
Grate the cheese.
Spread the filling evenly over the dough and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake pizza in the microwave at 800 W for 10-15 minutes, you can open the oven and check for readiness.
Ready pizza can be sprinkled with herbs and served. Enjoy your pizza!
Can You Use Aluminium Foil in a Convection Oven While Baking?
You cannot use aluminium foil in a convection oven while baking as the foil is used to block the action of microwaves, so it will not be very smart to try to bake or heat food wrapped in this material in the microwave. This may also cause sparks and fire. So do not use aluminium foil in a convention while you bake or heat food.